Hudson River Fair this Saturday will offer boat tour
Tours on a replica of Henry Hudson’s ship, a pair of singers from Netherlands, and Native American cultural demonstrations are among the items on tap for this weekend’s Hudson River Fair.
The event is being offered for free to the public in commemoration of Albany’s Quadricentennial celebrating the 400th anniversary of the state’s founding by Dutch explorer Henry Hudson.
The Hudson River Fair will take place from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Albany Riverfront Park.
Festivities will include:
– Tours on the Halfmoon, a replica of Henry Hudson’s ship will be available
– Blacksmiths, Crew & Artisans
– Dutch Settlers Society
– eba Dance Theatre’s “Henry Hudson & His River”
– Singers Nanna & Ankie from the Netherlands
– Albany Pro Musica
– Skip Parsons Riverboat Band
Stockbridge-Munsee Tribe Members (Direct Mohican Descendants) honor us with Native American Cultural Demonstrations
– Dancers & Singers with Regalia
– Community Drum traditions
– History explained by Tribal Elders