Queen Mary 2 To Sail From Brooklyn on Eight Voyages
Queen Mary 2, the world’s largest ocean liner, sails from the Brooklyn cruise ship pier in Red Hook on eight voyages beginning next Friday, Oct. 2, and ending with a 108-day world tour departing Jan. 4, owner Cunard Lines has announced.
Looking to the future, the Queen Elizabeth on her maiden world voyage will rendezvous with the Queen Mary 2 and the Queen Victoria in the New York harbor on Jan. 13, 2011, repeating to the day a similar event three years ago.
The QM2 usually arrives early at 6:30 a.m. and departs the same day at 5 p.m. Her schedule of cruises sailing from Brooklyn Pier 12 as shown on Cunard charts is:
• Oct. 2 – Autumn Splendors, seven days, New England, Boston and Nova Scotia.
• Oct. 9 – Transatlantic for 20 days with stops in England and France.
• Oct. 29 – Repeat of Autumn Splendors.
• Nov. 5 – Round trip to Southampton, England, her homeport.
• Nov. 17 – Caribbean tour, 13-day visit to major resort isles.
• Nov. 30 – Caribbean tour, 10-day visit to island ports.
• Dec. 10 — Caribbean visit, 10-day resort tour.
• Dec. 20 — Christmas in the Caribbean during 15-day jaunt.
• Jan. 4 – World tour of 108 days via Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. and Europe.
Tickets are already on sale for two 2010 cruises: a seven-night transatlantic to London and a Fourth of July five-night “Get-a-Way.” Full details for all cruises and itineraries are available at Cunard’s web site.
by Don Evans
Brooklyn Daily Eagle